1.15.2010

How To: Clean Your Makeup Brushes

I found that a cheap, effective way to clean your makeup brushes is by using baby shampoo. Before this, I tried brush cleanser which was a bit too expensive for me to repurchase. I also tried regular ol' shampoo, which worked fine as well but took a bit of time and effort to completely wash off. I had a bottle of Baby Magic Hair and Body Wash lying around (awhile back, I had tried it for my damaged hair because I needed something more gentle...long story). I heard about people using baby shampoo for their brushes so I decided to give it a try. I really liked the results. It deep cleaned my brushes really well and didn't give my them any weird smell since it is scent free. The formula is super gentle so you don't have to worry about it damaging your brushes. It's also dirt cheap. I purchased a 15 oz. bottle for around $3. I clean my brushes with it about every 1-2 weeks (depending on how lazy I am) and lay them flat for about a day to dry. On other days, I will just spray water on my brushes and wipe away any leftover makeup residue on a paper towel. If you don't mind spending the money on brush cleanser, that is probably the way to go, especially if you use expensive brushes that require extra care. Otherwise, this is a great, cheap alternative. ELF has also come out with a brush cleanser and shampoo in their studio line, which I'm hoping to try out soon (if you have, let me know how it is!).

Hope this was helpful, have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment