12.19.2008

Review: Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Foundation

A couple months ago, I read in Allure that Maybelline’s Mineral Power Foundation was very comparable to high end brands. Naturally, I was intrigued and a bit skeptical. I’m a firm believer that (if you can) you should splurge on some of the more important things, such as moisturizer and foundation, and save on other things, such as eyeliner. However, a great deal at CVS gave me reason to try it out. It comes in alot of shades (16 to be exact). I choose Light 1 for myself. Now, I don’t usually wear foundation on normal. My skin is fairly smooth and clear so I don’t see any reason to cover it up. But I decided to try the next day as part of my daily routine. Turns out (to my surprise) that I really like it! It provides very sheer and natural coverage that you can build up depending on you’re preference. It also gives your face a great subtle glow. Its fragrance-free and has SPF. I also really love the packaging- it comes in a squeeze bottle where you can easily control how much product comes out. And at less than $10 a bottle, it’s a great replacement to other mineral foundations.

No comments:

Post a Comment